Thursday, October 2, 2008

Chicago Art Open

I've started this blog as a place to post new work before it makes it onto the website proper, to keep people updated on what I'm working on, and as a forum to discuss the things that come across my radar.

I'll start with some self-promotion: I have a piece in the Chicago Art Open, which opens Friday, October 3 and runs until October 19. The show, curated by Catherine Edelman, Candida Alvarez, and Kimberly Pinder, is on the 8th floor of the Merchandise Mart in Chicago, and features work by nearly 300 artists. My piece selected by the curators, Mattress and pillow, was chosen for a Curator's Choice award. A number of Columbia students' work is in the show, including that of my fellow grad students, Lisa Lindvay, Brooke Berger, Allison Grant, and Mike Reinders. For more details go to chicagoartopen.org.

No comments: